HOW DO WE GET STARTED?
In 11th grade we can begin to focus on specific questions and issues. Which colleges might be the right match for you? What should you look for when you visit? How can you present yourself as a strong candidate? Where do you have a good chance of admission?
One of my specialties is the college essay, an increasingly important part of the application. From my experience in admissions, I know what readers look for and how they evaluate essays. I will not write a student's essay. But from my experience as an English teacher I can help each student bring out his or her strongest voice to create an impressive narrative.
Our initial meeting takes about two hours, and should involve you and a parent. This is what you can expect:
- You will send me beforehand a completed questionnaire, a school transcript, and scores from any standardized tests you may have taken.
- I will study these materials earlier and do an assessment, so we can spend your meeting time discussing your specific options.
- I will follow up after the meeting with a written summary report and a recommendation list for your college options.
- My fee includes a written assessment and suggestions upon reading the first draft of your personal statement.
- crafting a professional resume that will be noticed
- preparing to maximize the college visit experience
- preparing for admissions interviews
- creating a successful essay/personal statement
- reviewing your applications prior to submission
- managing effective techniques for communicating with admissions offices
ABOUT MY FEES:
An initial session -- which lasts about two hours -- costs $250. Many clients feel that this session, which covers a lot of territory, is sufficient. Others want additional sessions later.
Subsequent sessions are $100 per hour.